I’ll admit, the last couple of weeks it has been REALLY hard to motivate myself to get out of bed in the morning and go for a run. It doesn’t help when your furry run buddy shows no signs of movement when the alarm clock(s) go off.
HOWEVER, I set the alarm on my phone yesterday to read “TRUST ME, you want to get up and run this morning” and when I read it again this morning I thought…you’re right past Lisa, I DO want to get up and run. It was a tough one, but when I got back I realized a few reasons why I LOVE running in the morning:
1. No matter what happens today, you’ve already accomplished something
2. You feel more awake and coherent after a run and for the rest of the day
3. You get to spend time outside (and when you work a desk job like I do, outside time is very precious)
4. You’re up and moving before most of the rest of the world, so there is a certain calmness that you don’t get to enjoy the rest of the day
5. You get the enjoy & chase the sunrise
Besides, when you think about, you’re up anyway, so why not make the most of it?