Remember that time I was all “GUYS I’M BACK” that I posted awhile ago? Yea, me too…I’m so sorry I haven’t posted since that. Work has been monumentally busy and by the time I get home, make dinner and do the dishes, I’m pretty much done for the night. Due to this, I don’t get a lot of oppertunities to try new things (baking wise) and any posts that I want to put up…well, they just don’t happen.
However, I happen to have a Sunday morning with an extra hour (yay for daylight savings) and a quiet moment with my coffee, so I wanted to tell you about a SUPER easy & yummy brunch idea that I made last week when my Dad came over!
Here is the meal:
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwhich
I only had to make enough for 3 people, but this could easily be done with many, many more, like on Christmas Morning.
On a side note, my beagle just jumped up on me and sniffed my armpit…I think I’m in need of a shower. *Sigh*
Anyway, here is how to make this scrumptious meal! I don’t have super awesome photos (had to take these with my phone) but you get the idea!
The Perfect (Easy!) Brunch Meal Plan
The Breakfast Sandwhich
4 English Muffins
Sliced (or Shredded) Cheese – I did about 2 slices (from a brick of cheese) per person
6-8 Eggs (depends on your crowd, for my Dad & J I estimated 2 eggs each & 1 for me)
8-10 pieces of bacon (again, depends on your crowd)
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
6-8 potatoes (allow about 2 per person, unless the potatoes you are using are HUGE)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Optional: Onions (we didn’t use because my Dad doesn’t like onions, but they would add a LOT of flavour to the homefries)
Orange Juice (with a little pulp)
Sparkling Wine (I LOOVE the Barefoot for this)
The only tricky thing to this meal is there is a LOT going on at once, do just make sure you’re watching everything carefully.
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line 2 baking sheets with tinfoil and lay bacon strips out side by side. Set aside.
2. Thoroughly wash and cut off any bruises on the potatoes. Cut into bite size cubes. Add oil to a non-stick skillet and allow to warm up. Once skillet is ready to go, set to medium heat and add potatoes, salt & pepper. Stir around until potates are coated in oil & salt and pepper. Cover and let cook for 10 minutes.
3. Once oven is heated, put bacon into the oven. Set timer for about 10 minutes.
4. Once 10 minutes is up, take lid off potatoes and stir around, trying to flip over to other side. The side that was face down in the pan should be nice and crispy.
5. Check on the bacon, if it is sizzling, remove from oven and flip each piece to other side. Put back in the oven for about 8 minutes. At this point, you really want to watch the bacon to make sure it doesn’t burn. Check every 3 minutes or so.
6. Stir potaotes again, make sure they aren’t burning.
7. Line another baking sheet with tin foil and lay the english muffins cut side up and lay cheese on top
8. Remove bacon from oven. Switch to “Broil” and put pan with English muffins and cheese in. Watch carefully.
9. Cook eggs however you like them. I did mine scrambled.
10. Check potatoes. At this point they should be done. If not, give another stir and let cook.
11. Remove English Muffins from oven. Add bacon & egg. Plate with a scoop of potatoes.
12. Make Mimosas – fill your glass halfway with sparkling wine and fill the rest with orange juice!